Whether you are thinking of getting a drone or already have one but need to become clearer with the rules and regulations, where you can fly, how to pilot safely and Australian aviation laws, Mark from sparrowhawk drones is a wealth of knowledge with current regulations and guidelines.
What to expect during the course:
• What is a drone? Here we cover what is available to buy with recommendations depending on what you want to do with your drone.
• What can a drone do? We will take a look at what you can use your drone to do. We cover applications such as just flying for fun to using a drone for commercial applications such as real estate photography and mapping.
• Rules and regulations. There are many rules created by the government and we will cover who makes the rules and what they allow you to do and not do.
• Privacy issues. This area is full of confusion and we will clarify what the rules and laws state so you as a pilot as well as a member of the public know where you stand.
• How to report a nuisance drone. We will give you clear instructions in what you need to do if you want to report someone flying a drone and causing a nuisance.
• How to fly a drone. We will use a real drone to show you how to actually fly one for the first time in a safe and enjoyable manner.
• Q & A
o CASA qualified RePL (commercially license drone pilot- License # 1033258
o CASA qualified Aeronautical Radio operator – License # 1033258
o Current fleet of drones includes DJI Mavic, Phantom and Inspire 2 (same drone used in many Hollywood movies such as Transformers as well as Game of Thrones)
o 20+ year’s experience in photography & videography
Watch out for future more advanced workshops on Drone flying.