Learn to turn shared reading at home into a powerful conversation which will develop a love or reading. Di, a qualified speech pathologist will show you the importance of exposure to writing in this tech age.
The workshop will cover the following areas:
Stages of literacy development
• Turn shared reading into a powerful conversation which will develop a love of reading
• Increase the interactions page-by-page, which will add more words to your child’s mental dictionary
• Set a purpose each time you read a book in order to maximise understanding of all aspects of the book.
• Access simple books that are more suited to specific interests
Working with letters and sounds
• How to have fun learning letters and sounds during normal day-to-day routines
• The importance of being able to identify and manipulate individual sounds and sound combinations in spoken words.
Writing (generating written word, rather than handwriting)
• The importance of exposure to writing in our tech world
• How to include writing at home