Learn how to spin wool into wonderful yarn and all the steps leading up to the spinning stage. This class is for beginners and those who think they might like to learn a new skill that they haven’t tried before.
What will be covered during the three hours:
• Learn about the different types of fleece suitable/ get to know your fleece (get dirty)
• Set up of the spinning wheel
• Explanation of equipment used
• Carding (preparation of fleece suitable for spinning)
• Each person will then have a go on the wheels and spin their own yarn that you can take home.
• Because of time restrains and being a beginner’s class, we will only be doing single ply yarn (future more advanced classes coming)
Bring any equipment along to assess suitability (notify tutor prior to class by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wear flat shoes or bring socks to wear while using the wheels.
Wear clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty – please no skirts.